Thursday, May 13, 2010

Same Ole Same Ole

I wake every morning knowing im not going anywhere and i long for the days o9n the trail when i was traveling. I still go out riding my bike around town but its just not the same. I look around me at my tent and realize this is my life now. Sometimes is depressing and i have to remind myself that i never know what might happen tomorrow and i could just as easily be back on the road traveling once again. Ive met a lot of people in this new life im living and some of them have been a god send. Ive even managed to aquire a little puppy. She was abandoned and found in a pen by herself. Ive named her sadie and am having to get used to having a puppy around. Who would think such a little dog would be so much trouble! LOL She gets into everything and tries to chew on anything she can reach. Sometimes its exasperating. She is so cute though its hard to get mad at her. The lady who foubnd her writes a column in the local paper and the pup was mentioned in said column. So now Sadie is kinda famous. Everyone who sees her says so is this that little dog. LOL

I miss the comoradie of other bikers. There arent a lot in this area. Heck there isnt even a bike shop here. Ive had to figure out how to do a lot of the work on my bike myself. I met one guy who lives around here and rides but he isnt to open to talking or riding with others. Once in a while i see 1 or 2 riding thru town but usually i dont have a chance to talk to them or their go by so fast i cant wave them down and see where they came from. I look around and i notice bikes but it seems they mostly belong to kids.

Ive started attending a church on a regular basis. This church and the store down the street are pretty much my whole social network. Sometimes i just long for the days on the trail where i knew tomorrow would be another town and thered be new interesting people to meet. I dont think my journey has ended yet. I think this is just a temporary thing and any day ill be moving on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment